Friday Fifth Week Of Easter 2011 and On The Path to Pentecost

This is my last post for a couple of weeks as I will be on holiday from Saturday but hope to be back in time for Pentecost Sunday.....

Godbless and Love to All.

Mass readings for today are here

Gospel John 15 : 12-17

Jesus said to his  disciples:
“This is my  commandment: love one another as I love you.

No one has greater  love than this,
to lay down one’s  life for one’s friends.

You are my friends  if you do what I command you.

I no longer call  you slaves,
because a slave  does not know what his master is doing.

I have called you  friends,
because I have  told you everything I have heard from my Father.



It was not you who  chose me, but I who chose you
and appointed you  to go and bear fruit that will remain,

so that whatever  you ask the Father in my name he may give you.
This I command  you: love one another.”


OPEN THE EYES OF MY HEART LORD
I WANT TO SEE YOU....




I shall be away for Ascension Sunday but this is the link to my post on it from last year 

Below is a music video to look forward to on our path to Pentecost........
and even though this is from  2001 I find this reflection on The Upper Room from Fr. Ron Rolheiser still very relevant to what we are experiencing in the church in 2011
and this one assures us that God CAN enter locked doors..... AWESOME !



There's something about this video and music that really gets the blood flowing of a morning.  I couldn't stop singing it........ and it's great for reminding us again of those seven gifts that the Holy Spirit brings.... Bring 'em on.............. 
I am in desperate need of every single one of them.


No comments: