Feast of The Visitation Of The Blessed Virgin Mary




Here are the Scripture readings from the Mass for 31st May.


Below is an English translation of a modern prayer from the German author Olga Warnke (IBVM) based on the Magnificat prayer said by Mary during her visit to her cousin Elizabeth when she was pregnant with Jesus.


The Canticle of Mary

My soul glorifies the Lord

My spirit rejoices in God my Saviour

For he has blessed me lavishly

and makes me ready to respond.

He shatters my little world

and lets me be poor before Him.

He takes from me all my plans

and gives me more than I can hope for or ask.

He gives me opportunities and the ability

to become free and to burst through my boundaries.

He gives the strength to be daring, to build on Him alone,

for He shows himself as the ever greater One on my life.

He has made known to me this:

It is in my being servant that it becomes possible

for God's kingdom to break through here and now.


 Beautiful photo scene below of the Visitation from the Film The Nativity









                                            Taize Chant Magnificat Anima Mea Dominum

No comments: