Redruth Radio Podcast My Poetry

Last Friday was an exciting challenge for me on Redruth Community Radio. 


 
Sue Farmer, the presenter of the programme Do The Write Thing had asked me a while ago if I would do a live show on my own poetry and after much indecision I eventually bit the bullet.









The Elms above is the magnificent building in the heart of Redruth where Redruth Radio studio is located.The Elms is run by Cornwall Neighbourhoods for Change and is a community hub for the town.


It seems a lifetime since I wrote the two books featured and I had not even started my blog when they were published. 

Life has moved on in so many ways, and it was difficult to know how to broach some of the content five years on !!  The show is not a religious one.
It went out live and that was quite scary as I had little advance knowledge of the format. I had envisaged that it would be more of a question/answer dialogue, so was surprised at how much freedom and time I was given.


So now, in fear and trepidation (!), I can now share the programme with you. I hope you enjoy it.  Sue starts off with a short story and there are also some music interludes etc but you can use the slide bar to move it forwards /backwards. 

Constructive feedback welcome !







Above : The recording studio at Redruth Radio


Click here for the mp3 recording.

NB : You DON'T have to log in or register to hear it.
 Any problems let me know !!

There are also more links to podcasts from Do the Write Thing from Redruth Radio here.


Some more interesting factoids about the team....Stu Williams is the manager of Redruth Radio.

He lost his sight in 2005 and produces and presents his programmes without sighted assistance and as far as he knows is the only blind DJ in Cornwall!

Related links here and here

No comments: